To supporting our network especially transmission, we are using Ceragon. We have a lot of links / hops using Ceragon ( PDH and SDH ).
We were using SDH Ceragon since two years ago. And until now, we have no problem with our Ceragon SDH. I already compare with my friend that work in other Region and other operator. They also said no complaint about Ceragon SDH.
But for Ceragon PDH, we face a lot of problem. ODU ( Out Door Unit ) high band broken is the trouble that always happened. After investigate the trouble, the conclusion is that ODU ( high band frequency ) cannot transmit the power normally, it will decrease Receive signal level ( RSL ) at other side.
NMS ( Network Monitoring System ) is tool that really needed to monitor our network. It will make our action to solve the problem very effective.
Herewith, I will share to you how to troubleshoot when your transmission network has a problem.
1. Open your NMS, ( if you have ). If you find one or a lot of IDU broken ( can not monitored ), Remember the IP address of the equipment ( Ceragon IDU ( Indoor Unit )).
2. Right click sagemlnkf_p241 shortcut, click properties, go to shortcut tabulation, and add the IP address of IDU in the end of Shortcut target. then add space and 0 ( number zero ) after IP address. And than open the Sagem software by double click sagemlnkf_p241 shortcut.
3. If You see that No Remote Radio status of the other site it mean some thing wrong happened at other side. You also can see the log of every things happened at that IDU by clicking Monitoring menu after Login. Default of password is 2345. Here is posible problem of your ( other site problem ) : power problem, ODU problem, connector problem, feeder problem and IDU problem. But ODU and IDU problem are the problem that so many happened in my network. IDU problem happened caused by thunderclap. But for ODU, there is no clearly cause that made the ODU broken. So, if you want to go to site ( other site. I call it site B ), you can prepare everythings ( depend on posible problem that i said before ). You should bring Volt meter, ODU, IDU, tool kit.
4. After you come to site B, please check the IDU. If IDU normally running, its mean the power is OK. If all of IDU LED not light normally, it mean the power or IDU are problem. Check the power using volt meter. It should be 48 Volt DC. If the power OK, its mean the IDU is Broken. So You must REPLACE the IDU. One of surplus point using Ceragon is when we replaced IDU we should not set the frequency. It will be automatically adjusted by IDU in site A. But if all of LED light normally, we must connect your laptop to the IDU using cross network cable. Don’t forget to set your Laptop IP address. Set it by IP address that it placed in the same segment with your IDU. You also can connect to your IDU by serial cable if you don’t know the IP address. You can use Hyper terminal to find the IP address.
5. After you find the IDU IP address and you also already set your laptop IP address you can test the connection using ping test. If OK, please do step no 2. Then Login to that software. After that you can check the alarm that generated by IDU. There are 3 relay in there. If one or all of ther light in RED light, it mean some of problem happened. Double click the relay botton. If there is ODU alarm it mean ODU or feeder is broken. You should replace the ODU, but before that please check the feeder or coaxial calbe. You can use volt meter equipment. If you can not find the problem at Coaxial cable its mean the ODU is Broken, Replace the ODU. But if the Power transmit alarm generated, its mean power transmit problem. You can check the power transmit status Mute or not. If at Mute status, increase the power until number that recommended by your Transmission planning.
Thanks. I hope It can help you to troubleshoot your Ceragon PDH. Next time I will add the picture to make my explanation clearly.